Plant Driver/Equipment Operator
- Barre, VT
Swenson Granite, Barre, VT is looking for a Plant Driver/Equipment Operator. This position is responsible for the safe transport of raw materials and waste materials, and loading and unloading production equipment by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities other duties may be assigned
- Transport manufacturing waste product to off-site location(s) via dump truck.
- Oversee receiving of granite blocks from both company and non-company owned quarries. Document receipt through established process.
- Oversee shipping of granite blocks and slabs to both company and non-company owned manufacturing facilities. Document shipping through established process.
- Work with the co-workers in the saw plant to assure the availability of stone blocks while taking into consideration specific seasonal needs.
- Assist in the safe placement of granite blocks using multiple overhead cranes in a manner that insures that the blocks maximum yield is recognized.
- Assist in the safe removal of granite slabs using multiple overhead cranes to maintain established production levels set by the plant manager.
- Demonstrate functional awareness of the saws used to process whole blocks of granite as they are received from both company and non-company owned quarries.
- Maintain block yard organization to provide for the timely access to necessary raw materials related to the manufacturing process.
- Oversee the inspection and documentation of the forklifts and loaders used in this position in accordance with VOSHA.
- Confirm consistency of mud system output with system operator and provide the necessary feedback to insure material specifications are met before being moved off-site.
- Remove snow from the access points in and around the manufacturing plant.
Education and/or Experience
This position requires a Class B CDL.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb ladders up to 25 feet tall, balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Lifts over that amount will be assisted mechanically or with the help of another employee.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and moving mechanical parts and equipment. The employee may be occasionally exposed to high places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at www.swensongranite.com or mail or drop off your resume at Swenson Granite, 54 Willey Street, Barre, VT, 05641.
Any experience deemed equivalent will be considered. Please note that Polycor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all inquiries will be handled confidentially. We will communicate only with the candidates who will be selected.
ABOUT SWENSON GRANITE WORKS – A POLYCOR INC. COMPANY
Polycor Inc. is the world’s leading natural stone quarrier and its core mission is to make people fall in love with natural stone. Their world-class reputation comes from a great legacy of stone work on historical landmarks, institutional, commercial and residential projects. Founded in Québec City (Canada) in 1987, the company now employs nearly 1,300 people and owns over 50 quarries and 20 manufacturing plants across North America and Europe.
E-mail your resume to:
To apply by mail:
Swenson Granite, 54 Willey Street, Barre, VT, 05641