Industrial Controls Technician
- Barre, VT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities other duties may be assigned
- Support Engineering, Controls and Maintenance teams, and contractors with controls, automation, and communications installations, implementations, and upgrades.
- Design, institute, and perform system tests to verify proper equipment operation and performance.
- Perform electrical and controls-related preventative maintenance, calibration, installation, troubleshooting, and repair of Plant equipment such as saws, thermal machines, splitters, handling systems, conveyors, motor control systems, servo and frequency drives, PLC/HMI systems, control cabinets, process power distribution and wiring, HVAC, and ethernet/Wi-Fi communication systems.
- Maintain current documentation of all electrical and controls systems including device hardware and software.
- Initiate, manage, and support electrical, controls, and automation projects, jobs, and tasks that improve equipment effectiveness.
- Coordinate with and assist controls engineers and technicians at other Plants as directed, appropriate, or when business priorities dictate.
- Assist Industrial Maintenance Technicians, as needed, in troubleshooting and repair of Plant equipment.
- Program and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) programs and modify software programs for Plant equipment.
- Review, improve, develop, store, and safeguard machine programs.
- Pursue professional development and training—especially in the areas of electrical technologies and industrial controls (including standards and safety).
- Review PLC control flow of equipment and monitor uptime & downtime metrics.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to support business improvement initiatives teams.
- Utilize business systems to track, manage, and document process and work activity.
- Analyze process data, generate relevant reports, and make written project proposals.
- Complies with safety, environmental, and quality requirements established by external and internal regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- This position requires physical activity for most of the shift including walking, climbing, standing, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, and lifting no more than 50 lbs.
- This position will be in the machine environment most of the time and can reach high ambient temperatures in some operating conditions.
- This position requires occasional long shifts, weekend work, and an on-call requirement.
E-mail your resume to:
To apply by mail:
AFCO/Swenson Granite 54 Wiley St. Barre, VT 05641