Quarry Project Manager
- Concord, NH
Swenson Granite Works, a division of Polycor Inc., who is the world’s leading natural stone quarrier, with over 50 quarries and 18 manufacturing plants, has an immediate opening for a Quarry Project Manager. This role will focus on supporting our Concord, New Hampshire location. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that the quarry is operating resourcefully. The individual must be self-directed, work with a high sense of urgency and possess the ability to solve problems and collaborate with others to meet the needs of our business. The individual will be critical in supporting initiatives for continuous improvement and transformation for the Concord site.
You will assist the Director of Quarry Production in overseeing the operations, both on site and in the office, coordinate production related projects and monitor all site systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities other duties may be assigned
- Provide active leadership and management of safety processes and culture to minimize risk in all operations activities
- Undertake regular site inspections and risk assessments to comply with all Mine Safety and Health Administration rules and regulations
- Work with other leaders to ensure permitting, compliance and regulatory functions are completed, as required
- Guide and execute the quarries development plans in accordance with the Senior Quarry Advisor’s guidance and within budget
- Verify that the quarry’s production levels are maintained safely according to plan
- Manage performance levels by keeping production records up-to-date and accurate and following the sites’ KPIs
- Responsible for reporting statistics on the quarry’s performance
- Examine the materials produced to ensure that a high quality of product is maintained
- Liaise with staff on site and deal with any technical or staffing challenges that arise; manage and recruit staff
- Ensure the competence and development of department employees by initiating training, coaching, counseling, mentoring and accountability to respond to items identified in the performance reviews
Education and/or Experience
- Be a strong cross-functional collaborator and team player capable of building working relationships needed to execute production plans
- Knowledge of budgeting, P&L, planning, permitting, compliance, regulatory negotiations, and process improvement
- Must have a valid driver’s license
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in engineering a plus, but not required; minimum of a high school diploma.
- At least 3-5 years of experience managing hourly labor in a mining or quarrying environment.
- Previous experience in managing a union workforce is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Products, such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Excel/data management skills along with the ability to understand, define, and identify operational data required to succeed, will make you much more effective in this role
- A strong level of technical understanding of quarrying environments and extraction systems would be a considerable asset
- Strong ability to think strategically and to problem solve
- Strong influencing, negotiation, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Thorough and detail oriented
- Superior time management skills
- Willingness to travel, minimally
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k)
- 401(k) company match
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (medical/dependent)
- Life/Disability/AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time off (Vacation/Holidays)
- Bonus (company/personal performance)
- Employee Discounts
NOTE: Any experience deemed equivalent will be considered. Please note that Polycor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all inquiries will be handled confidentially. We will communicate only with the candidates who will be selected.
ABOUT SWENSON GRANITE WORKS – A POLYCOR INC. COMPANY
Polycor Inc. is the world’s leading natural stone quarrier and its core mission is to make people fall in love with natural stone. Their world-class reputation comes from a great legacy of stone work on historical landmarks, institutional, commercial and residential projects. Founded in Québec City (Canada) in 1987, the company now employs nearly 1,300 people and owns over 50 quarries and 20 manufacturing plants across North America and Europe.
E-mail your resume to:
To apply by mail:
560 Graniteville Road
Graniteville, VT 05654