- Barre, VT
The Maintenance technician needs to be a self-starter that works well with others in a team environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the overhauling and maintaining of all production and facility-related equipment associated with a granite manufacturing facility. This position will be Monday – Thursday / 9:30 – 8:00 pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities other duties may be assigned
Repairs and performs preventative maintenance of all equipment including the diagnosis and repair of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic related issues.
Performs PMs on all production equipment as assigned.
Disassembles motor and components and cleans parts.
Performs routine safety inspections of shop equipment and production equipment
Helps maintain an inventory of parts, lubricants, used parts from old equipment and petroleum products, as well as other necessary supplies.
Maintain a clean and organized working area.
Follows all industry safety practices, fall protection, lock-out tag-out, and NFP70E
Education and/or Experience
• Maintenance Tech School Training is a plus.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a manufacturing maintenance position.
• Minimum of 3 years experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
• Experience with motor controls and PLC troubleshooting is a plus.
• Fabrication, Welding, Manual Mill, and lathe experience is a plus.
• Experience using maintenance management software a plus.
• A working knowledge of, and an established reputation in, OSHA compliance matters.
• Professionalism in a collaborative work environment.
• Be willing and able to work overtime as needed to include weekend hours if necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
E-mail your resume to:
To apply by mail:
54 Willey Street, Barre, VT 05641