- Barre, VT
Swenson Granite Works is seeking a Maintenance Technician at our Barre, Vermont, location. This is a year-round, full-time union position. Starting salary is $22 – $26 per hour based on experience.
We have an opening for the position of maintenance technician to join our production team at Swenson Granite Works. Our craftsmen and craftswomen extract, cut and transform stone to create beautiful granite products for our valued customers in the U.S. and abroad.
We are looking to add a member to our maintenance team who will contribute to maintaining facility equipment in top-quality condition to ensure the efficient operation of the machinery. Responsible for repairing and maintaining the equipment, this person will perform maintenance diagnoses and repairs, keeping safety practices, attention to detail, responsibility and reliability as a top priority.
This job is varied and thrilling, involving solving problems and making things work on a daily basis. Join our family and fall in love with natural stone!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities other duties may be assigned
Repairs and performs preventative maintenance of equipment and facilities including the diagnosis and repair of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
Performs PMs on all production equipment as assigned.
Performs routine safety inspections of shop equipment.
Helps maintain an inventory of parts and lubricants.
Maintains a clean and organized working area.
Follows all industry safety practices, fall protection, lock-out tag-out and NFP70E
Performs other routine duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
• Maintenance Tech School Training and or on-the-job training is a plus
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a manufacturing maintenance position
• Minimum of 3 years experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
• Experience with motor controls and PLC trouble shooting is strongly preferred
• A working knowledge of, and an established reputation in, OSHA compliance matters
• Professionalism in a collaborative work environment
• Willing to work overtime, when required
• Fabrication, Welding, Manual Mill, and lathe experience is a plus
• Experience using maintenance management software a plus
Swenson Granite Works offers competitive wages and excellent health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, as well as a generous 401k plan, with company match.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
READY TO APPLY? DOWNLOAD A COPY OF OUR JOB APPLICATION
E-mail your resume to:
To apply by mail:
Swenson Granite Works
P.O. Box 626
54 Willey Street
Barre, Vermont 05641