- Barre, VT
Swenson Granite Works is seeking a Maintenance Technician at our Barre, Vermont, location. This is a year-round, full-time union position. Starting salary is $22 – $26 per hour based on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities other duties may be assigned
Repairs and performs preventative maintenance of all equipment including the diagnosis and repair of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic related issues, Performs PMs on all production equipment as assigned, Disassembles motors, gearboxes, chain drive systems and associated components and cleans and organizes parts as needed, Performs routine safety inspections of shop equipment and production equipment, Helps maintain an inventory of spare parts, lubricants, used parts from old equipment and petroleum products, as well as other necessary supplies, Maintain a clean and organized working area, and Follows all industry safety practices, fall protection, lock-out tag-out and NFP70E.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing maintenance position with experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Experience repairing and inspecting bridge and or gantry cranes a plus.
- Experience with heavy mobile equipment repair a
- Possesses good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with motor controls, VFDs, and PLC trouble shooting is a plus
- Fabrication, Welding, Manual Mill, and lathe experience is a plus
- Experience using maintenance management software, and Microsoft office a plus
- A working knowledge of, and an established reputation in, OSHA compliance matters.
- Professionalism in a collaborative team environment.
Swenson Granite Works offers competitive wages and excellent health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, as well as a generous 401k plan, with company match.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
E-mail your resume to:
To apply by mail:
Swenson Granite Works
P.O. Box 626
54 Willey Street
Barre, Vermont 05641