Maintenance Technician (1st Shift)
- Barre, VT
We have an opening on our 1st Shift, for the position of Maintenance Technician to join our production team at Swenson Granite Works. 1st Shift is Monday – Friday 6:00am – 2:30pm. Our craftsmen and craftswomen extract, cut and transform stone to create beautiful granite products for our valued customers in the U.S. and abroad.
We are looking to add a member to our maintenance team who will contribute to maintaining facility equipment in top-quality condition to ensure the efficient operation of the machinery. Responsible for repairing and maintaining the equipment, this person will perform maintenance diagnoses and repairs, keeping safety practices, attention to detail, responsibility and reliability as a top priority.
This job is varied and thrilling, involving solving problems and making things work on a daily basis. Join our family and fall in love with natural stone!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities other duties may be assigned
- Repairs and performs preventative maintenance of equipment and facilities including the diagnosis and repair of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Performs PMs on all production equipment as assigned.
- Performs routine safety inspections of shop equipment.
- Helps maintain an inventory of parts and lubricants.
- Maintains a clean and organized working area.
- Follows all industry safety practices, fall protection, lock-out tag-out and NFP70E
- Performs other routine duties as assigned.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Maintenance Tech School Training and or on-the-job training is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a manufacturing maintenance position
- Minimum of 3 years experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Experience with motor controls and PLC trouble shooting is strongly preferred
- A working knowledge of, and an established reputation in, OSHA compliance matters
- Professionalism in a collaborative work environment
- Willing to work overtime, when required
- Fabrication, Welding, Manual Mill, and lathe experience is a plus
- Experience using maintenance management software a plus
NOTE: Any experience deemed equivalent will be considered. Please note that Polycor Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer, and all inquiries will be handled confidentially. We will communicate only with the candidates who will be selected.
ABOUT SWENSON GRANITE WORKS – A POLYCOR INC. COMPANY Polycor Inc. is the world’s leading natural stone quarrier and its core mission is to make people fall in love with natural stone. Their world-class reputation comes from a great legacy of stone work on historical landmarks, institutional, commercial and residential projects. Founded in Québec City (Canada) in 1987, the company now employs nearly 1,300 people and owns over 50 quarries and 20 manufacturing plants across North America and Europe.
E-mail your resume to:
To apply by mail:
Swenson Granite, Attn: Kevin Spaulding
P.O. Box 626, 54 Willey Street, Barre, VT 05641