- Barre, VT
Swenson Granite, Barre, VT is looking for a Crane Operator. The Crane Operator is responsible for moving, inspecting, packaging and loading product for shipping within and around our manufacturing facility as well as maintaining the facility and equipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities other duties may be assigned
- Uses electric remote control overhead cranes to move supplies, raw materials and product in various stages of completion and to load most productionmachines.
- Moves product and supplies on the plant floor and outside yards with handcarts and forklifts.
- Inspects final product for quality and prepares individual units for packaging.
- Packages finished product in custom-made wood crates using a table saw, power nailer and metal strapping.
- Performs routine, preventative and emergency maintenance on all manufacturing equipment and facilities.
- Loads packaged product on commercial trucks for shipment to customers using an overhead crane or forklift.
- Must thoroughly understand best-practices of rigging in order to safely and properly move very small to extremely large objects.
- May be called upon to occasionally operate stone manufacturing equipment
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
This position does not require any prior experience or training.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb ladders up to 20 feet tall, balance and stoop, kneel, crouchor crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Lifts over that amount will be assisted mechanically or with the help of another employee.
Please note that Polycor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all inquiries will be handled confidentially. We will communicate only with the candidates who will be selected.
ABOUT SWENSON GRANITE WORKS –A POLYCOR INC. COMPANY
Polycor Inc. is the world’s leading natural stone quarrier and its core mission is to make people fall in love with natural stone. Their world-class reputation comes from a great legacy of stone work on historical landmarks, institutional, commercial and residential projects. Founded in Québec City (Canada) in 1987, the company now employs nearly 1,300 people and owns over 50 quarries and 20 manufacturing plants across North America and Europe.
Apply online at www.swensongranite.com or mail or drop off your resume at Swenson Granite, 54 Willey Street, Barre, VT, 05641.
NOTE Any experience deemed equivalent will be considered.
E-mail your resume to:
To apply by mail:
Swenson Granite, 54 Willey Street, Barre, VT, 05641