Continuous Improvement Project Manager
- Barre, VT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities other duties may be assigned
Reporting to the Productivity and Innovation Manager, the incumbent will be required to travel to Polycor’s various sites in the United States and southern Québec near Vermont’s border. The employee’s main responsibilities will be to:
- Take part in establishing and analyzing operational KPIs and data to generate facts and insight that identify issues, opportunities for improvement, and solutions.
- Establish tools to develop a thorough understanding of the full operational potential, key performance drivers, and benchmarking, both within and between sites and against external comparative figures.
- Determine ratios of value-added versus non-value-added activities as part of an operational diagnosis to target improvement potential in different plants (data collection and analysis) and work with management to optimize value-added activities.
- Partner with Operations managers and supervisors at each site to establish manufacturing best practices by implementing Lean (VSM, Kaizens, SMED, 5S, DMS, etc.).
- Partner with Operations managers and supervisors at each site to identify, understand and address root causes of performance variation and outliers highlighted by performance analysis using Lean and Six Sigma tools.
- Project manage Productivity & Innovation initiatives.
- Quickly identify and adjust efforts and resourcing when initiatives are off-plan.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering and 2-5 years of relevant experience in manufacturing or continuous improvement is required.
- A Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification is an asset.
- Must own a vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
- Exceptional Excel/data management skills along with the ability to understand, define, and identify operational data required to succeed, will make you much more effective in this role. Independent, thorough, possessing good judgment, and self-starter attitude are musts!
- Must be a strong cross-functional collaborator and team player capable of building working relationships needed to execute improvement opportunities.
- Able to manage the execution of initiatives to ensure that they have proper objectives, KPIs, action steps, resourcing, timelines, and targets.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation communication skills in English and able to speak French is a considerable asset .
- Observation of all safety and health requirements for quarries and stone processing plants is required.
Any experience deemed equivalent will be considered. Please note that Polycor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all inquiries will be handled confidentially. We will communicate only with the candidates who will be selected.
ABOUT SWENSON GRANITE ROCKS – A POLYCOR INC. COMPANY
Polycor Inc. is the world’s leading natural stone quarrier and its core mission is to make people fall in love with natural stone. Their world-class reputation comes from a great legacy of stone work on historical landmarks, institutional, commercial and residential projects. Founded in Québec City (Canada) in 1987, the company now employs nearly 1,300 people and owns over 50 quarries and 20 manufacturing plants across North America and Europe.
E-mail your resume to:
To apply by mail:
54 Willey Street,
Barre, VT 05641